Sunday 16 March 2014

Empty Rooms



I woke up late this morning and my first thought was SUNDAY! I both love and hate Sunday because they mean my kids are either coming or going. Except this Sunday is different. This Sunday my kids are staying at their fathers for an extra two days. Which turned my SUNDAY! into a Oh. Sunday.

My life seems to exist in two realities. One is hectic and fast and seems to rush from one set of circumstances to the next without a breath in between for a moment to savor. Swimming lessons, homework, cooking classes, playdates. Reading, lullabies, argument settling, pouters and cuddling. There never seems to be enough time to get anything done properly at all. And what does get done has a vaguely rushed feeling about it. Hurry up and enjoy this so we can move on to the next activity.

The other half of my life, when my kids walk out my front door, seems to exist in between the static of a hold button. Like someone has pressed pause and is waiting for my life to que up again. A void opening and swallowing my life till the next time, when my kids walk back in my front door once more and life fills my house again.

2 comments:

  1. now who is doing the feels beatings?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has not been a good couple of days for me. That might be putting it mildly.

    ReplyDelete