Sunday 26 January 2014

Food?



So this morning, like all mornings, I wake up and check Facebook to see if anything earth shattering has happened to my friends while I slept. The biggest surprise was a new guinea pig (very cute!). I did, however, click on a link from Upworth about ending famine in third worlds. The statistics about child starvation was horrifying, especially as I watch my kids eat their breakfast. Also, turns out, that I have no milk for my coffee :-( Off to the grocery store where I happen to take a minute to snap this pic while I was thinking about that Upworthy video. I think that it is true that there is enough food in the world to make sure that everyone is fed, but the distribution of food is sorely skewed in favour of the upper to middle class. It is hard for me to look at this picture, see all of this wealth, and realize that right now there are people literally starving to death as I type this on my fancy laptop. I think it is time for a change. At least for myself and my family.

2 comments:

  1. Your developing quite the eye for composition my friend....great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird that now when I see something I think: that would make a great blog picture!

    ReplyDelete