Thursday 29 May 2014

Call Me the Bird Rescuer!



On a whim (we are trying to leave the baby birds alone as much as possible) I decided to go out and check the nest, see if the third baby had hatched. When I got to my play structure, I noticed that one of the baby birds had fallen out of the nest and was laying on the play structure (about two feet below the nest). I checked to make sure he was still breathing, then scooped him up and put him back in the nest. Hopefully Mama bird will look after him! I googled, and yes, I did the right thing. Apparently the myth that everyone is always told, never touch a baby bird or its mother wont accept it, is just that. A myth. Google says that birds actually have a really poor sense of smell and putting a nestling (no feathers) baby back in its nest is the best thing. I am the best human being on the PLANET! I saved a baby!

P.S. - the one that I saved is the left most baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment