Monday 7 April 2014

Echoes



This monkey is currently sitting at my dining room table, holding a handful of messy Munchkin cards, left behind and forgotten by children who rushed out the door to see their father after a week away. Somehow I feel kinship with this monkey, not due to my stance on the theory of evolution, but I empathize with the feeling of abandonment, the feeling of expectant waiting. Echoes of children who once brought life to these empty rooms now held in stasis, breathlessly awaiting their return. I don't have the heart to pack up the game or the monkey, somehow feeling just a little less lonely to eat my lunch with my new friend here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww gawd I hate that monkey and I hate you a little for this feels torturing post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that I beat your feels with a stick :-(

    ReplyDelete